Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jenny's Quilt



One of the first quilts I made (2001 or 2002) was this Snowball Quilt for my older sister Jenny. This is machine pieced but entirely HAND QUILTED. That's right, I'm proud. Can you see me strutting my stuff? Ahhh, those were the days before children...

I LOVE this quilt. I love the colors, the design, and the fact that it was lovingly stitched for someone so important to me. I love knowing that this quilt has been on her children's beds, thrown over the sofa, and smushed under toys. I love that this quilt is being used the way it was meant to be.

When Jenny moved from our South Carolina hometown to blustery Minnesota, we thought she would surely freeze to death. I love that this quilt is symbolic of keeping her warm while she's so far away from me.

The snowball blocks are quilted with a snowflake design:


Jenny's three boys (Alex 6, Corey 5 TODAY!, and Robbie 3) are the ones posing with the quilt. On this Valentine's Day I hope that they know just how much I love them!

2 comments:

  1. Sniff, Sniff. We love you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story to go with a great quilt! Thank you for sharing your lovely blog; keep up the beautiful work (we hope your machine gets fixed soon)!

    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete