Thursday, June 16, 2011

T-Shirt Quilt

I've been working for a while on a t-shirt quilt job for a neighbor friend.  I finally finished it and was able to deliver it to her on Sunday.  It turned out great and is the softest thing ever.  The flannel on the back was a lucky find at Tiny Stitches in Marietta.  It is softer than you can imagine.




T-shirt and sports jerseys are not easy to work with.  They stretch like you wouldn't believe.  I used interfacing but still had to struggle to keep them in line.  Obviously these pics are taken after a nice trip through the washer and dryer.

One of my favorite blocks is his old Woody costume.  The polyester makes it sort of slippery like the nice silk edge of a baby blanket.  His Hulk t-shirt has preschool paint stains on it which just melted my heart every time I looked at them.  The Flash shirt in the upper right-hand corner was made by his grandmother I think and the spider t-shirt was made from his handprints.  Could you not just die at how sweet all of these memories are?!  His class t-shirts from elementary school, his football t-shirt from when his dad coached. 

If you are interested in having a t-shirt quilt made, please let me know.  I am partnering with Rachel Locke (my Tupelo, MS quilting homie) to be able to get your t-shirt quilts completed more quickly.  Rachel is a piecing machine and I am a quilting machine.  Together, we can put together a t-shirt or memory quilt for you that will be snuggled and loved for many years to come.  Let me know if you'd like more information!

Happy Thursday!
Chris

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt! I'm stashing away favorite shirts (and some PJ bottoms) that my boys have worn through the years. Not sure if I'll give them the finished project or keep it for myself as a mommy-memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great article indeed and a very detailed, realistic and superb analysis, of this issue, very nice write up, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am overwhelmed by your post with such a nice topic. Usually I visit your blogs and get updated through the information you include but today’s blog would be the most appreciable. Well done! tshirt of the doman

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're designing a sexy t shirt, choose a font that has a sexy feel to it. And if you're designing a t shirt for a serious, professional law firm, you probably don't want to use that font with letters shaped like kittens. Branded t shirts

    ReplyDelete