Monday, February 7, 2011

February Finish - Week #1 DONE!

Fig Tree Fresh Cottons Quilt

I finished this about 5 minutes before midnight last night.  Just made it under the wire!

I am going to wash and dry this today before taking some better pictures.  I will post them as soon as I get them snapped and uploaded.

I stitched the last of the binding during the Super Bowl.  Of course, I had to look up when the commercials were on ;-)

This quilt was made with two layers of batting so it is very substantial and heavy.  I love it so far and can't wait to see how it comes out of the dryer!

I am working on a big Moda Bake Shop project that is going to take a bit of my time in the next couple of weeks so my next February Finish week is going to be challenging!  I think I'm going to tackle the Michael Miller Christmas Quilt next.  It needs sashing, basting, quilting, binding.  So there is quite a bit of work left in it!  Right now it looks like this:

Design wall

This quilt is part of the original Old Red Barn Co Quilt Along.  Why, yes, I do mean the one that started in 2009!  It's one of the most simple patterns too (Rail Fence) but when you make anything in holiday fabric, it becomes very difficult to work on when that holiday is nowhere near.  I need to get this WIP monkey off my back asap.  So that's what's coming up this week.  Stay tuned for updates!

5 comments:

  1. I love the old red barn quilt and can hardly wait to see the your latest one all washed and dimpled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your quilt! Good luck on the next finish.....it looks beautiful and it will look even better finished :) My quilts would look better finished too! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks beautiful. How was it quilting with two layers of batting? I am getting ready to layer a baby quilt together and it has been suggested to me to double the batting. Would you recommend? (I'm using Warm and White) Thanks so much.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, looking forward to seeing the finished shots of this, the colours are gorgeous. Out of interest, why look up during the commericals of the super bowl, can you tell this English girl what happens during these commercials??

    ReplyDelete