Sunday, September 25, 2011

*Crickets*

*tap, tap, tap* ... this thing on?

Here is what's new at our house:

4 year old with broken leg.

But this summer included some wonderful things such as:

The Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild Retreat:

Family Reunion with 33 Crazy People (whom I adore!):

A lot of stealing mom's iphone:

Visiting my hometown (Greenville, SC):



And Napping:


The number one most exciting thing I'm looking forward to right now is The Sewing Summit!  It takes place in less than two weeks in Salt Lake City.  This is the LAST WEEK TO REGISTER.  If you are considering joining this incredible group of online sewing friends, register now before it's too late.  I can't tell you how much work Amy and Erin have put into this weekend.  In addition to these two leaders, several participants have already come forward to lead small groups including dinners, swaps, tutorials, etc.  The involvement and excitement by the participants stuns me.  Please consider joining us if you're at all able.

I have also been longarm quilting as much as possible.  I got backed up this summer way more than I expected so I've been trying my hardest to catch up now that the kids are back in school!

Happy fall everyone.  Stay tuned for more updates including some finished Bee Tweet blocks, detailed longarm quilting pictures, and my first attempt at hexies.

Chris



 



3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an eventful summer :)

    I would love to attend the sewing summit, it is just not in the cards this year. But maybe next year! Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a groovy trip. I will see you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris,

    It was so nice meeting you this weekend. I loved talking about Vandy and had a good time reminiscing. Now that I am up to my eyeballs in diapers and wiping noses...that time in my life feels like a century ago! I wish we could have visited more, darn, at least I can read your blog and there is always next years Sewing Summit.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete