Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Showing Off Ellie!


I have been making a baby gift for a friend and can't wait to share it. Hopefully she won't come across my blog by accident since it is so new! The shower isn't until Saturday.


This is Ellie. I used a pattern from Clotilde.com made by Melly and Me. I used some leftover nursery fabric that my friend gave me but she has no idea what I wanted it for. The polkadot fabric and bowtie fabrics are her nursery fabrics and the coat fabric was from my stash. I am a little disappointed about the black and white felt for the eyes. I got cheap felt squares at Joann's but they are shedding lint all over each other. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to redo them better? I am so in love with this project but want to make the eyes better before it'll be just right.
Let me know what you think and please share your pics of any animals or other softies you've made. I am always open to advice and ideas, especially for something like this that I've never tried before!

0 comments:

Post a Comment