Monday, April 13, 2009

Wee Play Hexagon Quilt






I consider this to be my fifty buck copy of a quilting magazine. It is the October 2008 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. In an effort to sell me a massive subscription commitment a sales rep at the quilt show offered this back issue to me as a free gift. I took one look at that cover quilt and had to have it. The minimum subscription was $50 which got me two full years of two different quilting magazines plus all kinds of freebies. It was worth every penny (in fact, I was thrilled to see my first issue actually show up today!).


Now, once I caught sight of this cover quilt I had to go out and immediately buy up the fabric before it disappeared from shops FOREVER! Two jelly rolls and some yardage later, I am officially in love with the "Wee Play" fabric line. I had been trying to find this particular fabric for a while and it turns out to be a part of this line:



I have seen it everywhere and am in love with it!


I sewed all the jelly strips together a few weeks ago, pressed them yesterday and made my first block last night. Viola:

I know, I know, don't faint from the glare of perfection my friends. Some fabrics are just meant to be drooled on. They ought to come with a wax coating.
Now, for those of you experienced quilters (and please, could you come out of hiding just for me?) how in the heck do I manage that crazy zig-zag binding? The pattern doesn't specify other than bias binding. How do you make those turns? Any ideas?





0 comments:

Post a Comment