Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Completed Project Updates - Class Quilt













Here is my completed class quilt that is on it's way to my Dad to live in harmony with his blue leather sofa. That room is the only place on the face of the earth where the color combo in this quilt make sense!




This is my first attempt at machine quilting and boy can you tell! The only part that turned out ok was the shadow quilting in the pinwheels. I still would like advice on quilting designs for pinwheel blocks because this is kind of plain. Once I quilted in the ditch and my stitch length was awful (tension problems most likely since it was my old machine), I just wanted to be done.




I truly hate the blue border but was thrilled to see it make perfect sense in my dad's house!



Here is a close-up of the shadow quilting:










1 comments: